Famous cat lovers — Photos of classic stars and cats in the limelight.
Since the very beginning of film, the furry felines have been at the sides of actors and actresses on screen, captivated the heart of the audiences. There was even a time when Hollywood studios softened the stars of the Golden Age by posing them with animals. Many film celebrities, musicians are known to have the penchant for cats. Here is a collection of classic stars photographed with the felines:
1. Ava Gardner holding her Siamese cat, 1946.
2. Bette Davis with Lonesome the kitten, April 1943.
3. Betty Grable wearing her pet cat, 'Whitney,' around her neck like a fur scarf, 1935. The cat then sniffed her hair.
4. Brigitte Bardot holding her cat up, 1959. Photo from Sipa.
5. Clark Gable poses with one of the cats that lived on his 22-acre ranch in the San Fernando Valley, 1945. Photo from John Kobal Foundation.
6. George Harrison with his cat, 'Corky,' by the pool at Kinfauns, Surrey, England, 1965.
7. Ingrid Bergman hugging cat while on filming set at Elstree, England, 1958.
8. Lauren Bacall poses with two wide-eyed cats, 1940s.
9. While returning to Paris from a trip to Russia, Taylor proved herself capable of simultaneously signing an autograph and stroking the nape of a mysterious cat, 1961.
10. Marlon Brando kissing a cat at his home, 1950s.
#catlovers #cats #catsofinstagram #pet #animal #celebrity #nostalgia #vintage